Date(s) - 21/05/2019 - 25/05/2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
This is a 5-day Master Class with a special focus on EMDR with complex trauma.
Day 1-2 (21-22 May 2019): Structural Dissociation: Theory and Clinical Applications
Day 3-5 (23-25 May 2019): Advanced Practica
Live demonstration and practice of how the Theory of Structural Dissociation of the Personality Model and Attachment Theory can be concretely applied within the EMDR Adaptive Information Processing (AIP) model for case conceptualisation, preparation and memory processing.
Participants will expand and integrate their knowledge and skills in applying the “art” of EMDR in the Standard Protocol, especially in the following areas:
- Preparation Phase strategies to prepare for the complexities of treating trauma (e.g. Fraser’s Dissociative Table technique)
- The dance of attunement during bilateral stimulation
- Knowing when to interweave vs. staying out of the way
- Reading the signs of reprocessing
- Working with phobia of affect/traumatic material
- Knowing what to do when processing does not move along as expected
This experiential workshop involves practicing with each other, enabling the clinician to learn the therapeutic model and integrate new skills from the “inside out”, which helps internalise and maximise learning. Many clinicians come to this workshop to do some personal work and undergo their own EMDR therapy processing. Therefore, confidentiality is of utmost importance.
Recommended Pre-Course Reading
Onno van der Hart, Ellert Nijenhuis, & Kathy Steele. (2006). The Haunted Self: Structural Dissociation of the Personality and Treatment of Chronic Traumatization. New York: Norton
Workshop limited to 18 clinicians who have completed an approved 2-Part EMDR Basic Training. Priority given to those who have never attended a Master Class before.