Criteria to become an EMDR Singapore Certified EMDR Practitioner:
1) Completed an Approved Basic Training recognised by EMDR Singapore.
2) Have at least 2 years of clinical work experience in your field of practice (psychology, social work, counselling, psychotherapy, or psychiatry) OR 500 hours of professional practice client contact hours. (E.g. Generic Clinical Log)
3) Have conducted at least 50 EMDR therapy sessions with no less than 25 clients (within the last 3 years of submitting this application) – Client Session Log.
4) Have received 15 hours of supervision/consultation by an EMDR Singapore Approved Consultant after meeting all the requirements of an EMDR Basic Training – Consultation Log.
At least 5 of these hours must be individual consultation. The remaining hours may be obtained through small group consultation (max 4 pax/group for a minimum of a 2-hour session – i.e. at least 30 minutes of case consultation per person).
5) Current Full Member of EMDR Singapore association
6) Payment of Certification Application Fee: SGD50
*** Successful applicants will be allowed to use “Certified EMDR Singapore Practitioner”in their professional nomenclature.
*** Certification is valid for 3 years. Renewal of certification will be required when certification validity expires after 3 years.
NB: These requirements are subject for review in response to changing needs on a national level, as well as taking into account regional and global circumstances.