Date(s) - 26/02/2021 - 27/02/2021
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
This two-day seminar is designed to help experienced clinicians apply appropriate EMDR therapy adaptations when working with these clients because of the strong potential for destabilisation. Participants will be taught the dissociative nature of these disorders and how to treat them within the framework of EMDR. They will gain a solid understanding of the structure of the dissociative personality: the dissociative parts, their strengths deficits and their interrelationships.
- Learn the theory and history of structural dissociation of the personality
- Apply phase oriented therapy to complex trauma related disorders
- Understand how the personality can split into parts when there are chronic conditions of abuse or neglect
- Identify how the Adaptive Information Processing Model (AIP), which guides EMDR therapy, is compatible with TSDP
- Learn modifications of the standard EMDR protocol appropriate for complex trauma
- Understand how to help keep the client within their window of tolerance.
This training is open to non-EMDR trained mental health professionals, counsellors and social workers, but geared towards the EMDR practitioner.
Participants should preferably have psychology-relevant postgraduate qualifications and minimally two years of clinical work experience to get more out of this advanced training seminar.
Please refer to the flyer for more information.
Cost : SGD 400/ 550 (member/ non-member) by 15 Jan 2021, Early Bird
SGD 450/ 600 (member/ non-member) by 3 Feb 2021, Closing Date